EU residency with Spanish Golden Visa
If you are thinking of opening a business on the Coast or buying your new home, we can guide you throughout the whole process, as we have great experienced team at your disposal.
Spanish Golden Visa
The so called “Golden Visa” is a residency visa for foreign investors which was introduced by Law 14/2013, of 27 September that supports non-EU residents entrepreneurs who wish to internationalise and invest in Spain. By providing them with an opportunity to apply for Spanish residency and citizenship, Law 14/2013, of 27 September intends to attract entrepreneurs to Spain, and stimulate foreign investment in Spanish real estate, public debt, and job creation.
Spanish Residency Investment
The new Spanish Investors Visa or Golden Visa, as it is better known, and the Investor”s Residency Permit grant non-EU nationals all the privileges available to European residents, including free access to the EU countries within the Schengen area. The programme guarantees the residency in Spain to investors, when they invest and maintain a property investment of at least 500.000 Euros.
The investor’s dependents (spouse and children under the age of 18 or elder ones, who are evidently un-able to make their living due to their state of health) can benefit from the same investment.
- Capital Investment
- Purchase of real estate of at least 500.000€
- Stock share of Spanish companies of at least 1.000.000€
- Bank deposits in Spanish fi nancial entities of at least 1.000.000€
- Spanish Treasury Bonds of at least 2.000.000€
Other Types of Investments
- No EU national
- Be of legal age (over 18)
- Criminal record clearance
- Be free of any contagious disease (International Health Regulation 2005)
- Not to have entered or stayed irregularly in Spanish Territory
- Not to have been refused entry in any of the Schengen countries
- Have a valid health insurance policy in Spain
- Have enough financial resources to live in Spain for the period of residence
- Investment in Spain (capital or other type)
- Initial visa valid for one year
- Residence authorization to live and work in Spain for 2 years renewable for 2 further years
- After 5 years of residence in Spain, possibility to apply for permanent residency and later for
- Travel freely within the Schengen area
- Maintain tax residence outside Spain
- Investor!s direct family members can also apply for this permit
How Long is the Process?
- One to four months once application and all required documents are submitted.
Types of residence permits granted under the Golden Visa law
- One-year residence visa for investors (year 1)
- Two-year residence visa for investors (years 2 to 5+)
- Long-term residence and Spanish nationality (year 5 onwards)